- 10 minute walk away Kofukuji Temple
- The entry fee to the garden is waived for foreign tourists
- A visit to Yoshikien provides the opportunity to see three different variations of Japanese gardens in one spot.
This garden with three sections may not be the most tended garden. However, its natural and untouched scenery has its own charms and beauties.
Below water garden is the one in front of the main building.
The main attraction on that day, however, is the tea house.
If you have ever visited the tea house, don't forget to walk around it. If you do, below are the views that you may be rewarded.
As a matter of fact, there is a small waiting booth which would allow guests to calm down before proceeding to the tea ceremony. On the day of my visit, it actually rained a little bit and this booth had become my shelter which allowed me to meditate inside it while being surrounded by the beautiful scenery and birds chirping and singing around me. What a paradise I thought.
- Japan: Visiting Nara (奈良) in One or Two Days
- Kofukuji Temple
- Visiting Arashiyama (嵐山) in Kyoto—Personal Experience
- Visiting Ohara in Kyoto—Personal Experience
- Visiting Nigatsudo Hall (二月堂) in Nara—Personal Experience
- Visiting Fushimi Inari Taisha (伏見稲荷大社)—Personal Experience
- Temple Lodging in Koyasan—Personal Experience
- Visting Uji (宇治) near Kyoto and Nara—Personal Experience
- Travel: How to Ride a Train in Japan (Travel for a Purpose)
- Japan Travel — How to Ride a Bus in Kyoto Area (Travel for a Purpose)